Kareo helps over 65,000 providers in all 50 states run more efficient and profitable practices while delivering outstanding patient care.
FREMONT, CA: Kareo, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical and business management software solutions for independent healthcare practices, introduced Kareo Patient Collect, a new patient payment collections solution designed specifically for independent healthcare practices and medical billing companies. Kareo Patient Collect is a fully integrated patient collections solution that improves patients' payment experience and maximizes patient collections for providers, helping solve some of today's toughest patient collections challenges.
Unlike traditional payment solutions, Kareo Patient Collect provides multiple payment options, payment reminders, and concise billing statements. Reminder methods include unlimited e-mails and texts, in addition to mailed statements, to ensure patient responsibility is communicated and payment options are easily accessible. Billing statements are easy to read so that patients can understand exactly what they owe and then respond through their preferred payment option, including online portal, mobile, or in person. At the same time, Kareo Patient Collect reduces the workload of the front office staff and lowers postage costs by 15 percent.
"Independent practices are experiencing an increase in outstanding patient collections and a decrease in net revenue, and a major factor is the confusion caused by the outdated patient collections process that practices have in place," said Dan Rodrigues, founder, and chief executive officer of Kareo. "Kareo developed Kareo Patient Collect to make it easier for practices to provide what patients want and expect, a progressive and easy payment experience."
Kareo Patient Collect provides:
• Full, secure integration with the complete Kareo platform, including Kareo Clinical EHR, Kareo Billing, Kareo Engage, Kareo Telehealth, and more, improving workflow and ease of use.
• Multiple payment options, including online through the patient portal, by mobile device, over the phone, or in-person.
• Card-on-file to minimize manual data entry, free up resources, and store credit cards on file to easily capture patient balances.
• E-mail and text reminders to patients free of charge, with scheduling options.
• Reports on the status of ongoing reminders and reconciliation of incorrect mobile numbers and e-mail addresses.
• Highly simplified mailed statements along with a fixed per month allowance for printed and mailed statements.