A CC&C platform will link with clinical scheduling solutions to share who is on call and available clinicians, nurse call to optimize patient response times, and call center and hospital phones.
FREMONT, CA: Clinical communication and collaboration (CC&C) platforms are secure messaging solutions that connect with clinical systems to improve workflow for doctors, nurses, and other care team members via a smartphone or desktop application. Secure messaging systems that focused on texting in a HIPAA-compliant manner gave way to CC&C platforms.
A CC&C platform brings inpatient data from the EMR to provide clinicians with their patient list, care team members, the ability to message all care team members, and see the patient's DOB, location, and other critical details from a smartphone, where a secure messaging solution traditionally provides HIPAA compliant texting and voice communication.
A CC&C platform will also link with clinical scheduling solutions to share who is on call and available clinicians, nurse call to optimize patient response times, and call center and hospital phones.
A CC&C platform's advanced workflow features are known to facilitate communication between physicians and nurses, give insight, and improved response times for SEPSIS or STEMI activation, admissions and discharges coordination, and trauma alerts.
Clinicians can spend more time with patients by lowering the time it takes to coordinate treatment, increasing work satisfaction, safety, patient outcomes, patient throughput, and HCAHPS ratings.
What does a CC&C platform do?
- Text messaging, voice communication, and the ability to send films and photographs are all HIPAA compliant.
- Message/call escalation and routing based on role and availability of users
- You can use your smartphone to browse and modify your schedules.
- SEPSIS, important lab results, STEMI patients, orders, admissions, discharges, and critical alarms are instantly notified.
- When the nurse call button has been activated, you can call back to a patient's room from your smartphone.
- Send emergency broadcast messages in the event of a shooter, coding, a fire, bad weather, or other mass communication needs.
- All messages should have time/date stamps for sent, delivered, and read.
- See Also: Top Patient Monitoring Solution Companies